Subject: Re: bug#13210: [PATCH] maint: cygwin build broken

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 08:28:43 -0700

On 12/19/2012 06:25 AM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 12/19/2012 12:57 PM, Z. Majeed wrote:
>> Thanks for fixing all the issues - are you folks open to adding a
>> ginstall.exe manifest for the cygwin build?
> 
> I presume the cygwin package puts one in place,
> and it would be nice to keep windows specific stuff there.
> There is a related thread here:
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-07/msg00293.html

Correct - when I build coreutils for the cygwin distro, the manifest
file is built as part of the cygwin-specific patches that I apply.  I'm
not sure whether it makes sense to try and upstream something that is so
platform specific; on the one hand, it would make out-of-the-box
development on cygwin easier; on the other hand, we don't have too many
people doing out-of-the-box development (most people rely on the
pre-built coreutils in the cygwin distro).

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org