Subject: bug#13196: closed (Re: bug#13196: 24.3.50; Emacs crashes without Emacs fatal error dialog box)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:02:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13196: 24.3.50; Emacs crashes without Emacs fatal error dialog box

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13196: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13196
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13196: 24.3.50; Emacs crashes without Emacs fatal error dialog box
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:59:50 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:33:24 -0800
> 
> Dunno whether there is an Emacs bug here - you decide.  HTH.

There certainly is.

> Lately Emacs has "crashed" several times, but without showing the Emacs
> fatal-error dialog box that asks whether I want to use GDB.  Instead, I
> get only the MS crash dialog box that asks me whether I want to send
> info about the crash to MS.
>  
> Again, dunno whether this will mean anything helpful to you.  If not,
> feel free to close the bug.

You are supposed to attach GDB to such a crashed Emacs and report the
backtrace.  Without that, this report is useless.

Closing.

Subject: 24.3.50; Emacs crashes without Emacs fatal error dialog box
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:33:24 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dunno whether there is an Emacs bug here - you decide.  HTH.
 
Lately Emacs has "crashed" several times, but without showing the Emacs
fatal-error dialog box that asks whether I want to use GDB.  Instead, I
get only the MS crash dialog box that asks me whether I want to send
info about the crash to MS.
 
Again, dunno whether this will mean anything helpful to you.  If not,
feel free to close the bug.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-12-13 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 111211 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/Devel/emacs/build/include -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare
 -Wno-type-limits -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-pointer-sign
 -Wdeclaration-after-statement --ldflags -LC:/Devel/emacs/build/lib'