Subject: bug#13186: closed (Re: bug#13186: 24.2; auto-save-file-name-p regexp \\` \\')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 15:54:03 +0000

Your bug report

#13186: 24.2; auto-save-file-name-p regexp \\` \\'

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13186: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13186
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13186: 24.2; auto-save-file-name-p regexp \\` \\'
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 10:52:18 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> While nosing around some auto saving I noticed auto-save-file-name-p is
>     (string-match "^#.*#$" filename)
> I wondered if it should be something like
>     "\\`#.*#\\'"
> just in case the filename contains newlines.

Indeed, installed in trunk, thanks,

        Stefan

Subject: 24.2; auto-save-file-name-p regexp \\` \\'
From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 11:51:42 +1100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

While nosing around some auto saving I noticed auto-save-file-name-p is

    (string-match "^#.*#$" filename)

I wondered if it should be something like

    "\\`#.*#\\'"

just in case the filename contains newlines.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-09-10 on biber, modified by Debian
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''