Subject: Re: bug#13167: 24.3.50; C-x right C-x left interferes with buffer order

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 19:06:53 +0100

> A good C-x binding for quit-window is `C-x q'.  Its current command
 > does nothing normally and already has an alternative keybinding
 > `C-x C-k q' while recording a macro.

It's easy to convince me ...

 >> this loop finds a buffer to switch to, it retrieves the start and point
 >> positions from the buffer's association in the window's _previous_
 >> buffers.  I didn't want to maintain the same markers twice.
 >
 > To not maintain the same markers twice, `C-x left' could add the
 > current buffer with markers only once to the list of next buffers,
 > but not to the list of previous buffers.  Do I miss something
 > why this won't work?

If we did that, we'd probably get rid of the behavior you started this
thread with.  But the current semantics is "when we have to replace a
buffer in a window with another one, try taking the buffer that has been
shown in that window before the present one".  I'm not quite sure how to
describe what you want to do instead.

martin