Subject: Re: bug#13164: [PATCH] View DjVu documents through doc-view-mode

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:42:33 +0100

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi!

>>>> There seems to be some minor issue, though: the last-page counter
>>>> in the mode-line doesn't seem to be updated properly during
>>>> conversion.  I've
>> [...]
>>> Indeed, I can reproduce your problem with a recent version of Emacs
>>
>> Could someone bisect to find the commit that introduced this problem?
>
> Yes, I can do that.  I'll report back when I'm done.

Ok, I'm done.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
046fb9fbdc0ee0c26e0063ce5ee94bead46ee98d is the first bad commit
commit 046fb9fbdc0ee0c26e0063ce5ee94bead46ee98d
Author: Dmitry Antipov <[email-masked]>
Date:   Tue Dec 11 13:51:12 2012 +0400

    * buffer.c (Fset_buffer_multibyte): Do not force redisplay
    if changed buffer is not shown in a window.
    * insdel.c (prepare_to_modify_buffer): Likewise.
    * window.c (replace_buffer_in_windows_safely): Do nothing
    if buffer is not shown in a window.
    (Fforce_window_update): Likewise if string or buffer argument
    is passed.

:040000 040000 c3cd9f89a3926ca04ecfee03ae667056986ba352 385c925b8bcfcc59262a140e4ce8701b20eb7265 M	src
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In bzr, that's revno 111189.

BTW: I first tried the bzr bisect plugin, but I got frequent conflicts
in cl-loaddefs.el when it switched to another revision.  I used "bzr
resolve --take-other lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-loaddefs.el", and in the end the
bisection aborted somehow.  I also had lots of problems with files that
were added/removed between revisions.  Are there any instructions on
doing bisection on emacs bzr?  Maybe I've just operated bzr bisect
wrongly...

Anyway, git bisect on the git mirror worked flawlessly.

Bye,
Tassilo