Subject: bug#1316: #1316 - 23.0.60; Image display OSX carbon - Emacs bug report logs

From: Klymak Jody <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 15:39:57 -0800

Hi Adrian,

On Nov 25, 2008, at  12:53 PM, Adrian Robert wrote:

> I'm not sure what 23 does elsewhere but I'd rather consider the  
> choices on their own merits.    I suspect users will expect and  
> prefer the ignoring-DPI behavior, emacs not being a specialized  
> image-preparation program, but I was interested in hearing the  
> opinion of one.
> ;-)

I guess there is a movement towards device-independence though, and  
respecting the DPI would seem to be in that spirit. In general, as a  
user responsible for eventual print publication I'd always rather  
specify the physical size of an image and its DPI rather than it's  
pixel dimensions. So in some ways the new behaviour makes a lot of  
sense.

However, I bet quite a few things have been written expecting the old  
behaviour.  Preview Latex and Docview spring to mind...

Cheers,  Jody

--
Jody Klymak
http://web.uvic.ca/~jklymak/