Subject: Re: bug#13158: 24.3.50; elisp source link in *Help* for variable is missing

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:33:55 -0500

Sam Steingold wrote:

> C-h v gud-key-prefix RET

emacs -Q
C-h v gud-key-prefix RET [no match]

> creates a *Help* buffer without the clickable link to the elisp source
> location of the variable definition

emacs -Q -l gud
C-h v gud-key-prefix RET
push "gud.el" button

-> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp #<marker (moves after insertion) at 45 in *Help*>)
  button-get(#<marker (moves after insertion) at 45 in *Help*> action)
  button-activate(#<marker (moves after insertion) at 45 in *Help*> nil)
  push-button(45)
  push-button((mouse-2 (#<window 9 on *Backtrace*> 45 (352 . 9) 3020545575 nil 45 (44 . 0) nil (0 . 9) (8 . 17))))
  call-interactively(push-button nil nil)

(Happens for anything, not just this one variable.)
Is that what you mean?

I guess the recent button.el changes.