Subject: bug#13162: closed (Re: bug#13158: 24.3.50; elisp source link in *Help* for variable is missing)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:06:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13158: 24.3.50; (Regression) Error when picking up one color

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13158: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13158
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13158: 24.3.50; elisp source link in *Help* for variable is missing
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:05:01 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Glenn Morris wrote:

> -> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp #<marker (moves after insertion) at 45 in *Help*>)
>   button-get(#<marker (moves after insertion) at 45 in *Help*> action)
>   button-activate(#<marker (moves after insertion) at 45 in *Help*> nil)
>   push-button(45)
>   push-button((mouse-2 (#<window 9 on *Backtrace*> 45 (352 . 9) 3020545575 nil 45 (44 . 0) nil (0 . 9) (8 . 17))))
>   call-interactively(push-button nil nil)
>
> (Happens for anything, not just this one variable.)
> Is that what you mean?

If so, fixed.

Subject: 24.3.50; (Regression) Error when picking up one color
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 21:28:46 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is a regression wrt Emacs 24.2.

Recipe from "emacs -Q":
1. M-x customize-face <RET> isearch <RET>
2. Click on one "Choose" button.
3. Click on one color from the list.

Then I get this error message:
  button-activate: Wrong type argument: listp, #<marker (moves after
insertion) at 281 in *Colors*>

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-12-12 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 111204 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'

-- 
Dani Moncayo