Subject: Re: bug#13154: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt (different one)

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 17:35:47 +0100

>> ... as I said in my other mail I'm looking for
 >> `save-window-excursion'.
 >
 > No, you did not say that at all.

How often do you want me to repeat it?

 > You said only this:
 >
 >>> `save-window-excursion' and not `save-excursion', I presume.

Because I assumed that you read Eli's mail before ...

 > Eli asked that I search for `save-excursion' wrapping `with...'.

... where he said:

 >>  From the backtrace I understand that Drew did show a temporary buffer
 >> and (probably after being done with that) restored a previous window
 >> configuration.  This could come from a `with-output-to-temp-buffer'
 >> wrapped in a `save-window-excursion', which as we know is evil but
 >> usually not evil enough to corrupt the stack.
 >
 > Drew, does this allow to identify potential villains?  We are looking
 > for some code that runs inside the above 2 forms.

You were apparently concentrating on the second part of my statement.
At least you understand its evilness now.

martin