Subject: Re: bug#13154: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt (different one)

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:29:34 +0100

> Martin, any advice or ideas?  If Drew didn't set up this hook, what
 > other code could do that?

IIUC the only useful lines in the backtrace are

   run_window_configuration_change_hook at C:\emacs\trunk\src/window.c:3105
   Fset_window_configuration at C:\emacs\trunk\src/window.c:5867
   ...
   temp_output_buffer_show at C:\emacs\trunk\src/window.c:3374

so the obvious first conclusion is that moving code from C to Elisp
harms interpreting stuff like emacs_backtrace.txt ;-)

 From the backtrace I understand that Drew did show a temporary buffer
and (probably after being done with that) restored a previous window
configuration.  This could come from a `with-output-to-temp-buffer'
wrapped in a `save-window-excursion', which as we know is evil but
usually not evil enough to corrupt the stack.

`set-window-configuration' runs `window-configuration-change-hook' which
is normal.  There might be some function on the hook (like those from
linum.el) but I doubt that Drew uses that.  And I doubt that anything
done here can corrupt the stack.

martin