Subject: bug#13152: 24.2.90; [REGRESSION] dired-get-marked-files changed

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:30:05 +0800

On 2012-12-12 10:47 +0800, Glenn Morris wrote:
> Is this a recipe from emacs -Q, and if so which versions of Emacs is it
> supposed to work in?

Sorry. My fault. Eval this instead:

(progn
  (require 'dired-x)
  (setq dired-guess-shell-alist-user
        '(("." (let ((files (dired-get-marked-files t current-prefix-arg)))
                 (message "%S" (current-buffer))
                 (let (dired-guess-shell-alist-user)
                   (dired-guess-default files)))))))

Eval (dired-get-marked-files t current-prefix-arg) in dired and
non-dired buffers will do too.

My recipe is to single out the problem of buffer changing by
dired-get-marked-files, which makes forms in
dired-guess-shell-alist-user hard to predict.

Leo