Subject: 24.3.50; Emacs thinks file was changed outside Emacs, but it was not

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:51:17 -0800

Dunno whether this will ring a bell.  This happened once the other day,
and I just ignored it.  It has now happened again.
 
I am editing a file, doing nothing special.  Suddenly when I try to type
a char Emacs asks me (taken from *Messages*):
 
bar.el changed on disk; really edit the buffer? (y, n, r or C-h) n
ask-user-about-supersession-threat: File changed on disk: c:/foo/bar.el
 
I just reverted the buffer and continued.  But I am positive that
nothing outside Emacs modified the file.  I'm not even aware of
something running that could do that.  I was editing and saving
occasionally - nothing more.
 
Anyway, hoping this helps in some way...

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-12-07 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 111150 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'