Subject: bug#13149: 24.3.50; Emacs thinks file was changed outside Emacs, but it was not

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 17:40:21 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Now that 24.3 windows binaries have been released I observe exactly the
>> same problem on my XP box. I don't know how to reproduce it 100%. It
>> happens sporadically, but it happens. And yes, my user files are on a
>> FAT32 partition.
>> 
>> Is there a fix for it, e.g. some customization?
>
> The fix for this bug is in the trunk, it didn't make it into Emacs
> 24.3.  So I don't think you can do anything to avoid these annoyances,
> especially since you don't build your Emacs (if you did, I could
> perhaps show you how to work around that by a simple source change).

There's a long thread in this bug report, but I think the conclusion is
that this was fixed on the trunk?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/