Subject: Re: bug#13149: 24.3.50; Emacs thinks file was changed outside Emacs, but it was not

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 11:41:34 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 14:15:35 -0800
> 
> > Debugging this needs running Emacs under a debugger or instrumenting
> > the functions involved with special code.  So I guess we are waiting
> > for someone else to hit this and offer help.
> 
> My crystal ball tells me that others will run into the same problem sooner or
> later.

I certainly hope so.  I tried to reproduce this using a USB flash
device, but couldn't.

> AFAIK, I really don't do anything special that should affect this.

Can you describe the file where this happened and any customizations
that could have made it stand out?  What major mode was active there?
any hooks related to saving that could matter?

Also, does it happen always with this file, or very rarely?