Subject: 24.3.50; Be able to customize the info included by default for `report-emacs-bug'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 08:00:52 -0800

Enhancement request: Let users customize the info that is included
by default in the bug-report editing buffer
(*unsent mail to [email-masked]*).
 
Be able to include/exclude any set of the main entries (which
start at col 0):
 
* Emacs version info
* Important settings
* Major mode
* Minor modes
* Recent input
* Recent messages
* Load-path shadows
* Features
 
The default behavior (without customization) should of course be to
include all of these entries/fields.  But give users a customization
choice, so they need not manually remove the fields they generally
prefer not to include.
 
And add commands to the Field menu to insert each of these entries.  So
if a user customizes to, say, not include field `Recent input' by
default, s?he could nevertheless easily include this field by choosing
it from the Field menu.  And just as for the currently existing Field
menu items, add key equivalents.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-12-07 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 111150 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'