Subject: RE: bug#13141: 24.3.50; Be able to customize the info included by default for `report-emacs-bug'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 08:37:23 -0800

> > Enhancement request: Let users customize the info that is included
> > by default in the bug-report editing buffer
> > (*unsent mail to [email-masked]*).
>  
> FWIW, I find most of those info useless to me.

I cannot speak to how useful some of that info might be to Emacs Dev.  (But I
agree that the text mostly represents noise.)

My request here is for users to be able to express their preference in a general
way, instead of having to remove such text each time, if they don't want it
included.

The problem, I guess, is that if this info is not captured from the session when
reporting then it is difficult for Emacs Dev to obtain it later.  You can't
really ask a user to show you the last 200 messages from a session that might no
longer exist.

So I suppose there can be some value to some of that info some of the time, but
it's not clear what the right approach is wrt what to include by default.

Anyway, I have no objection to including it all by default.  But we should let
users set up their own default behavior wrt what gets included.