Subject: bug#13140: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 21:04:30 +0100

>>> In case this is somehow due to a defect in the build I made [1], it
>>> would be good that someone made and upload a build of the current
>>> trunk, so that Drew could try it and see if the crashes happen then
>>> too.
>>
>> Drew, if you're interested you can grab a build from today's trunk at
>> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3pgcb3iiy8s9irl/c171Xhsd99
>
> Juanma, did you configure with "--enable-checking" ?
>
> I ask this because I configured with it, and IIUC, these backtraces
> that Drew is getting are due to assertions which are enabled only if
> Emacs was configured with that option.
>
> OTOH, I also passed "--no-opt" to the configure script, which perhaps
> might make a difference too.

Answering myself: yes, you used both of those options:

  In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
   of 2012-12-13 on ODIEONE
  Bzr revision: 111211 [email-masked]
  Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
  Configured using:
   `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
   -IC:/Devel/emacs/build/include -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare
   -Wno-type-limits -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-pointer-sign
   -Wdeclaration-after-statement --ldflags -LC:/Devel/emacs/build/lib'

So, if Drew doesn't get this backtrace again, I guess that the problem
is in my build (unless it was an error in code, fixed between your bzr
revision and mine).  But I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

-- 
Dani Moncayo