Subject: bug#1314 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#1314: 23.0.60; Proced shows only empty buffer (MacOS 10.5))

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#1314: 23.0.60; Proced shows only empty buffer (MacOS 10.5)

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
1314: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=1314
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Wed Nov 19 00:11:29 2008
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#1314: 23.0.60; Proced shows only empty buffer (MacOS 10.5)
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 03:11:16 -0500

I think this only works on GNU/Linux. Anyway, I made it signal an
explicit error on systems where it is unsupported.

>From [email-masked] Fri Nov  7 03:10:02 2008
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:19:30 +0100 (CET)
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 23.0.60; Proced shows only empty buffer (MacOS 10.5)
From: Otto Diesenbacher <[email-masked]>

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

- starting proced: alt-x proced
- proced-buffer shows up, but the buffer stays empty, even after changing filter options

(version)"GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2008-11-07 on naomi-2.local"
uname -a: Darwin naomi-2.local 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Wed Sep  3 11:29:43 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.7.58~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.0.60/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2008-11-07 on naomi-2.local
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10300000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Proced: all-running by -PU

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<S-left> <S-up> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<external-packages> q C-x o C-x o C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<C-tab> C-x 5 0 <switch-frame> <C-tab> , l <return> 
i m 2 <return> q <C-tab> C-x C-f f h / p r o <return> 
p r o <tab> <return> <backspace> p r o t <tab> 2 <return> 
t e s t <tab> 3 <return> M-x h s - s h o w - a l l 
<return> C-v C-v C-v <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<menu-bar> <SLIME> <Editing> <Check Parens> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<C-tab> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report> C-g M-x p r o c e d - w h y 
<return> M-x p r o c e d <return> C-x 1 M-x C-g <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down> <down> 
<down> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <Proced> 
<Filters> <all> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <Proced> <Formats> 
<long> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<Proced> <Sorting> <Sort by %CPU> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <Proced> <Filters> <all-running> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Updating process information...done.
Type q to quit, ? for help
Quit
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.