Subject: bug#1314: 23.0.60; Proced shows only empty buffer (MacOS 10.5)

From: Otto Diesenbacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2008 11:19:30 +0100 (CET)

Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

- starting proced: alt-x proced
- proced-buffer shows up, but the buffer stays empty, even after changing filter options

(version)"GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2008-11-07 on naomi-2.local"
uname -a: Darwin naomi-2.local 9.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.5.0: Wed Sep  3 11:29:43 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.7.58~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.0.60/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.5.0, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
 of 2008-11-07 on naomi-2.local
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10300000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Proced: all-running by -PU

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<S-left> <S-up> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<external-packages> q C-x o C-x o C-g <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<C-tab> C-x 5 0 <switch-frame> <C-tab> , l <return> 
i m 2 <return> q <C-tab> C-x C-f f h / p r o <return> 
p r o <tab> <return> <backspace> p r o t <tab> 2 <return> 
t e s t <tab> 3 <return> M-x h s - s h o w - a l l 
<return> C-v C-v C-v <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<menu-bar> <SLIME> <Editing> <Check Parens> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<C-tab> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report> C-g M-x p r o c e d - w h y 
<return> M-x p r o c e d <return> C-x 1 M-x C-g <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down> <down> 
<down> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <Proced> 
<Filters> <all> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <Proced> <Formats> 
<long> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<Proced> <Sorting> <Sort by %CPU> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <Proced> <Filters> <all-running> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Updating process information...done.
Type q to quit, ? for help
Quit
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.
Updating process information...done.