Subject: 24.3.50; byte-compilation warnings "the following functions..."

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:39:53 -0800

This doesn't make sense (to me).  These two messages do not convey any
significant difference in meaning.  This confuses users.  Why the two
different lists of functions?  What's the difference?
 
Message #1:
icicles-cmd1.el:8903:1:Warning: the following functions might not be defined at
runtime:
 
Message #2:
icicles-cmd1.el:8903:1:Warning: the following functions are not known to be
defined:

If the distinction intended is useful, then please provide more meaningful
messages.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-12-07 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 111150 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'