Subject: Re: bug#13124: 24.1; shell-mode does not hide sudo password prompts

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:38:59 +0100

Arne Babenhauserheide <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,

Hi,

> Chong Yidong wrote:
>> Anyone have objections to the following patch?  It introduces a new
>> option `password-word-equivalents' for this purpose.
>> !    "\\(?:" (regexp-opt password-word-equivalents) "\\|Response\\)"
>
> For me this would fix the issue.

[...]

> Should the :version keyword of defcustom for
> comint-password-prompt-regexp be set to 24.4, too?

Emacs is in feature freeze, the patch won't make it into 24.4. I'm still
in favor installing it into the trunk once it is reopened; in Tramp I'm
faced with similar problems. Tramp explains what to do in its info
pages, but there are still help requests, occasionally.

> Best wishes,
> Arne

Best regards, Michael.