Subject: Re: bug#13123: 24.2; Resizing frame partly resets background color

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:35:34 +0800

Quintus <[email-masked]> writes:

> resizing the Emacs frame causes the background color that has been set
> via a theme or directly via M-x set-background-color to be reset to a
> default value, except for the parts with (visible or invisible) text on
> it.
>
> This is 100% reproducible on my two machines here running 64-bit Arch
> Linux with i3 as the window manager in an otherwise mostly XFCE
> environment (i3 is a tiling window manager and as such resizes windows
> all the time). Emacs is in both cases the stock emacs from the Arch
> Linux repositories. The GTK theme in use is the Xfce/gtk-3.0 theme.
>
> In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.2)
>  of 2012-11-18 on eric

I can't reproduce this on GNU/Linux (Ubuntu 12.04), running GTK+ 3.4.2.
Maybe this is related to Bug#12448, which was also reported by someone
using Arch, running GTK+ 3.4.4.  Do you see the same problem with xfwm?