Subject: Re: bug#13123: 24.2; Resizing frame partly resets background color

From: Quintus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 09:22:17 +0100

Am Sat, 22 Dec 2012 09:32:46 +0800
schrieb Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>:

> Quintus <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> Do you see the same problem with xfwm?
> >
> > Yes, the problem is also there with xfwm, see attached screenshot.
> 
> Just to make sure this is not due to some customizations done by Arch
> itself: did you start Emacs as `emacs -Q' before going through the bug
> recipe?  

Ah, you’re right, for the xfwm test I didn’t use the -Q option. However,
doing so doesn’t change the situation, the effect is still the same.
The test on i3 was with -Q anyway.

> Also, did you compile Emacs yourself or is it precompiled by
> Arch?

This is the precompiled Emacs from Arch; I’ll try to reproduce the bug
with the current development version later today. For the time being,
here’s the build script Arch uses to compile Emacs:
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/emacs

No patches except for some chmod/chowns are applied to the source, so
this should be a quite vanilla Emacs.

Vale,
Marvin