Subject: bug#13112: closed (Re: bug#13112: 24.2.90; The cygw32 build should disable X11)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:30:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13112: 24.2.90; The cygw32 build should disable X11

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13112: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13112
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13112: 24.2.90; The cygw32 build should disable X11
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:29:04 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> wierd I also did a full rebase of everything.  Result: I cannot
> reproduce the hang-ups anymore for the cygw32 build and the Gtk dialogs
> come up noticeably faster as well.  I'll have to assume BLODA at this
> point since none of the updates (except libtasn1) was even remotely
> related to Emacs.  If I find another way to reproduce the error again,
> I'll try to get a backtrace of all threads (I have all debuginfo
> packages installed now).

OK, thanks.  I'm closing the bug for now, but it can be re-opened if 
you're able to reproduce it again.

Ken

Subject: 24.2.90; The cygw32 build should disable X11
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 08:04:01 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The cygw32 build of emacs tries to use many X11 features if the builder
has the appropriate development packages installed.  For example,
HAVE_GSETTINGS and HAVE_GCONF will be defined.  This causes serious
problems, as detailed starting at

   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-12/msg00070.html

In GNU Emacs 24.2.90.1 (i686-pc-cygwin)
  of 2012-11-27 on desktop-new
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 0.0.0
Configured using:
  `configure
  '--srcdir=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.2.90-1/src/emacs-24.2.90'
  '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin'
  '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--datadir=/usr/share'
  '--localstatedir=/var' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datarootdir=/usr/share'
  '--docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs' '-C' '--with-w32' 'CC=gcc'
  'CFLAGS=-ggdb -O2 -pipe
 
-fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.2.90-1/build=/usr/src/debug/emacs-24.2.90-1
 
-fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.2.90-1/src/emacs-24.2.90=/usr/src/debug/emacs-24.2.90-1'
  'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/ncursesw' 'LIBS='
  'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/ncursesw''

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   show-paren-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /home/kbrown/emacs/.custom-24.el (source)...
Loading delsel...done
Loading time...done
Loading help-at-pt...done
Loading paren...done
Loading /home/kbrown/emacs/.custom-24.el (source)...done
Loading /home/kbrown/emacs/cygwin-init.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message cl-macs gv format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired edmacro kmacro solar cal-dst
planner-diary cl diary-lib diary-loaddefs planner-publish muse-xml
planner cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs sort muse-colors muse-latex
muse-html muse-xml-common cus-edit muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps wid-edit derived muse muse-nested-tags
muse-mode muse-autoloads info easymenu package preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads saveplace uniquify advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload
paren help-at-pt time delsel cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel w32-common-fns disp-table
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind w32 multi-tty emacs)
*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***