Subject: bug#13112: 24.2.90; The cygw32 build should disable X11

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 15:10:56 +0100

Ken Brown writes:
> I wonder why emacs-w32 finds DejaVu Sans Mono on my system but not on
> yours?

It's certainly possible that you've installed it in Windows as well.
I'd simply use another font (or even a wholLy non-existing one).

>  I guess that's not really relevant to this bug, but it does
> mean that I can't currently reproduce the problem and so I can't debug
> it. If you can consistently reproduce it, I think you might have to do
> it under gdb (or attach gdb when emacs hangs) and see if you can
> figure out what's going on.

I'll have to sneak it in somehow next week trying to reproduce this on a
different machine (running XP for testing) that has a clean Cygwin
installation.  I've been testing a lot on my own machine for the last
few weeks and I don't really trust that installation anymore, but I
can't nuke it right now.

> I know from previous discussions that you use tcsh as your shell.
> Could there be something in your tcsh configuration files that's
> interfering? Or is there anything in your environment that could
> explain this? Maybe you should try this from a bash shell and a clean
> environment.  If you want to send me your cygcheck output off list, I
> can see if I spot any obvious differences between your system and
> mine.

I can try it again in bash and I should have nothing non-standard in my
.bashrc, but will check again to make sure.  I've mentioned tcsh because
it is handling job control and some I/O issues differently than other
shells and that has been triggering different behaviour in the past.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#BlofeldSamplesExtra