Subject: bug#13112: 24.2.90; The cygw32 build should disable X11

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 12:29:51 +0100

Ken Brown writes:
> So let's start from scratch.  Can you give a detailed, step-by-step
> procedure for reproducing the problem?  I'd like to see if I can
> reproduce it.

I'm not near any system running Windows, so I can't test it myself, but
I hope the following will do:

1. Nix all configuration files, then start emacs-X11 and set the default
font to "DejaVu Sans Mono" and "Save Options".  Check that it got saved in
the "(custom-set-faces" section in the appropriate init file.

2. Do not start X11 or dbus.  From a freshly started mintty, start
emacs-w32 so that it reads the configuration file with the default font.
It should start with whatever font is the first one in your Windows font
list instead of the default monospace font it would use when started
with "-Q".  Now try to select File->Open from the menu bar.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Q+, Q and microQ:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds