Subject: Re: bug#13112: 24.2.90; The cygw32 build should disable X11

From: Achim Gratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 20:18:12 +0100

Glenn Morris writes:
> Maybe you could summarize what the actual problem is, then.

The problem, as far as I have been able to determine, is that my init
file set a default font that does only exist in X11 but not Windows, so
it was illegal for the cygw32 build, but somehow that managed to sneak
past Emacs' guards and apparently activated X11 code paths that should
not have been in there to begin with.  This then made Emacs hang
whenever it should display UI dialogs (like the file chooser).

Interestingly if dbus was started then somehow everything kept working
(I had to manually switch the font from the first in the list, which
happened to be Arial, to something fixed-width).  If I remove the
default font customization in my .emacs or arrange for that font to be a
Windows font (or simply start "emacs -Q"), then it does not matter
whether or not dbus has been started, so I'd say it is a red herring as
far as this bug report is concerned.

I'm using the test version that Ken has provided, so I can't answer any
questions on how the build has been configured.

Regards,
Achim.
-- 
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+

Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/Downloads.html#WaldorfSounds