Subject: bug#13109: closed (Thanks)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:47:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13109: 24.1; flyspell highlights words containing curly quotes which ispell-buffer accepts

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13109: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13109
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Thanks
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 12:46:24 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm happy with the answer given (for which thanks!); closing.

Subject: 24.1; flyspell highlights words containing curly quotes which ispell-buffer accepts
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 23:59:11 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Insert "didn’t" in the scratch buffer (note the curly quote).
ispell-buffer gives the buffer a clean bill of health, but turning on
flyspell-mode highlights “didn”. My default dictionary is british, and
ispell-buffer uses aspell by default on my system.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.12)
 of 2012-09-22 on batsu, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -O2'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  buffer-face-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  smart-quotes-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
d SPC t h e SPC i d e n t i t y SPC o f SPC t h e SPC 
a u t h o r SPC w h e n SPC t h <backspace> <backspace> 
h e SPC i n v e s t i g a t e d SPC t h e SPC s t a 
o <backspace> <backspace> o r y SPC o f SPC t h e SPC 
m a n u s c r i p t SPC i n SPC A m s e t e r <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> t e r d a , <backspace> 
m , SPC h a v i n g SPC b y SPC c h a n c e S-SPC ( 
) <S-backspace> ? ) S-SPC c o m e SPC a c r o s s SPC 
t h e SPC m a n u s c r i p t . C-p M-f M-f M-f M-f 
M-b C-b M-d M-d M-d C-n C-e SPC H e SPC g <backspace> 
h i m s e l f SPC d i d n ' t SPC m a k e SPC a SPC 
f u s s SPC M-x i s p e l l - b u f f e r <return> 
C-x C-f ~ / f o o <return> d i d n ' t C-a M-x i p 
e l l <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> s <backspace> 
<backspace> s p e l l - b u f f C-g <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <left> C-SPC C-f M-w C-x k 
<return> y e s <return> M-x r e p o r t - e a c s <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> m a c s - b u f <backspace> 
g <return>

Recent messages:
Wrote /home/rrt/Writing/Poetry/youth/youth.tex
(New file)
Auto-saving...done
Visual-Line mode enabled
Auto-saving...done
Auto-saving...done
Spell-checking Mason's story using aspell with british dictionary...done
(New file)
Quit
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
/home/rrt/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/dict hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/dict
/home/rrt/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/browse-kill-ring hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/browse-kill-ring
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/elpa/dictionary-1.8.7/link hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionary-el/link
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/elpa/dictionary-1.8.7/dictionary hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionary-el/dictionary
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/elpa/dictionary-1.8.7/dictionary-init hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionary-el/dictionary-init
/home/rrt/.emacs.d/elpa/dictionary-1.8.7/connection hides /usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionary-el/connection
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/golang-mode/go-mode-load hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp/golang-mode/go-mode-load
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/golang-mode/go-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp/golang-mode/go-mode
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/textmodes/rst

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils dired-aux texmathp locate dired shell pcomplete
grep inform-mode help-mode view add-log log-view pcvs-util vc ediff-merg
ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff
vc-dispatcher multi-isearch sh-script executable conf-mode newcomment
jka-compr etags latexenc nxml-uchnm rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns
nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc xmltok
make-mode autoconf autoconf-mode vc-git lua-mode cperl-mode preview
prv-emacs info reporter tex-buf noutline outline font-latex latex
tex-style tex cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs flymake compile comint ansi-color
ring face-remap regexp-opt flyspell ispell smart-quotes
auto-dictionary-autoloads c-eldoc-autoloads dictionary-autoloads
diff-git-autoloads dired-isearch-autoloads full-ack-autoloads
guess-style-autoloads kill-ring-search-autoloads magit-autoloads
mv-shell-autoloads tumble-autoloads http-post-simple-autoloads package
tabulated-list completing-help recentf tree-widget wid-edit uniquify
paren server savehist minibuf-eldef iswitchb icomplete autorevert
desktop cus-start cus-load ropemacs pymacs user-site-loaddefs advice
advice-preload yasnippet help-fns derived edmacro kmacro easymenu assoc
cl go-mode-load emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom
emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode preview-latex tex-site auto-loads
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org/