Subject: bug#13111: closed (Re: bug#13108: 24.3.50; previous-line sometimes moves up two lines instead of just one)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 19:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13108: 24.3.50; C-p moves cursor 2 lines up when global-linum-mode is enabled

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13108: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13108
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13108: 24.3.50; previous-line sometimes moves up two lines instead of just one
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ami Fischman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 21:09:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:58:42 -0800
> From: Ami Fischman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Alp Aker <[email-masked]>, vineet naik <[email-masked]>, 
> 	[email-masked]
> 
> Thanks Eli; that fixed the bug for me (patched manually to trunk in my
> checkout).

Thanks, I'm therefore closing the bug.

> Does the emacs bugtracker allow the reporter of a bug to close it as fixed?

Send mail to [email-masked].  I didn't do that previously,
because I was waiting for confirmation that the bug is solved.

Subject: 24.3.50; C-p moves cursor 2 lines up when global-linum-mode is enabled
From: vineet naik <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:58:55 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I am using the latest version of Damien Cassou's emacs-snapshot[1] on
Ubuntu 12.04. After it was updated a few days back, I noticed a weird
behaviour of `C-p` skipping a line when moving up, ie. C-p moves the
cursor 2 lines up instead of 1

After disabling some of my initializations, I figured out that this
happens only if global-linum-mode is enabled.

Recipe
------

1. Start emacs with "emacs -Q"
2. Open any file having multiple lines of text/code and try
   using C-p to move up a line. This works as expected.
3. Enable global-linum-mode
4. Try it again. C-p moves two lines up

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2012-12-03 on chindi02, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20121202-1~ppa1~precise1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'i686-linux-gnu' '--host' 'i686-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--without-compress-info' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/'
 '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-imagemagick=yes'
 'build_alias=i686-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-linux-gnu'
 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g
 -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
`flet' is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use either `cl-flet' or
`cl-letf'. [3 times]
Loading /home/vineet/emacs/site/org.el (source)...
`flet' is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use either `cl-flet' or
`cl-letf'. [5 times]
`labels' is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use `cl-labels' instead.
`flet' is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use either `cl-flet' or
`cl-letf'. [17 times]
Loading /home/vineet/emacs/site/org.el (source)...done
`flet' is an obsolete macro (as of 24.3); use either `cl-flet' or `cl-letf'.
Loading /home/vineet/emacs/site/ondemand.el (source)...done
Loading /home/vineet/emacs/site/init.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-vm hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-vm
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-colview
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-io
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-src
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-xoxo hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-xoxo
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-mac-message hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mac-message
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-mks hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mks
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-exp hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-exp
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-irc
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-attach
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-C
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-info
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-docbook hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-docbook
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-special-blocks hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-special-blocks
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-clock
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-org
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-icalendar hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-icalendar
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-odt hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-odt
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-python
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-R
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-table
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-feed
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-ascii hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-ascii
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-html hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-html
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-macs
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-indent
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-timer
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-beamer hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-beamer
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-jsinfo hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-wl hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-wl
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-plot
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-java
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-remember hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-remember
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-lparse hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-lparse
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-css
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/emacs/site/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-element hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-element
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-list
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-id
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-taskjuggler hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-latex
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-js
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-faces
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-compat
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-sh hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-publish hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-publish
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-table
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-capture
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-mew hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mew
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-docview
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-exp-blocks hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-archive
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-freemind hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-freemind
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-entities
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/emacs/site/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-habit

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail server solarized-dark-theme
solarized-definitions org org-fixup autoload ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities
org-macs noutline outline easy-mmode find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit jinja2-mode
sgml-mode php-mode derived rx etags cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe easymenu add-log byte-opt warnings bytecomp
byte-compile cconv advice flymake compile comint ansi-color ring
flymake-cursor edmacro kmacro ace-jump-mode help-fns cl-macs gv cl
cl-lib uniquify nadvice paren which-func imenu icomplete iswitchb avoid
erlang-start time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Vineet Naik

-- 
Vineet Naik