Subject: bug#13108: closed (Re: bug#13108: 24.3.50; previous-line sometimes moves up two lines instead of just one)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 19:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13108: 24.3.50; previous-line sometimes moves up two lines instead of just one

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13108: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13108
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13108: 24.3.50; previous-line sometimes moves up two lines instead of just one
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ami Fischman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 21:09:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:58:42 -0800
> From: Ami Fischman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Alp Aker <[email-masked]>, vineet naik <[email-masked]>, 
> 	[email-masked]
> 
> Thanks Eli; that fixed the bug for me (patched manually to trunk in my
> checkout).

Thanks, I'm therefore closing the bug.

> Does the emacs bugtracker allow the reporter of a bug to close it as fixed?

Send mail to [email-masked].  I didn't do that previously,
because I was waiting for confirmation that the bug is solved.

Subject: 24.3.50; previous-line sometimes moves up two lines instead of just one
From: Ami Fischman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 15:08:45 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Repro recipe:

gmacs -Q
M-x linum-mode RET  (in the *Scratch* buffer)
ctrl-p (moves up one line; yay)
ctrl-p (moves up two lines; boo!)

This is with emacs built at c6aa556227134725a812bb71c5b2de42e4f135a6

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2012-12-06 on fischman-linux.<redacted>
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/gmacs-20121206'
 '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man' '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info'
 '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-xpm' '--with-jpeg' '--with-tiff'
 '--with-gif' '--with-png' '--with-x'
 '--program-transform-name=s/emacs/gmacs/g' '--without-dbug'
 '--without-gconf' 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g -O2'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' 'LIBS=-lfontconfig -lfreetype''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: 
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  linum-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x l i n u <tab> <return> <up> <up> M-x r e p o r 
t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Linum mode enabled

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils linum time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)