Subject: bug#13095: closed (Re: bug#13095: http-get: Throw to key `bad-response' with args `("EOF while reading response body: ...)')

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:49:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13095: http-get: Throw to key `bad-response' with args `("EOF while reading response body: ...)'

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13095: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13095
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13095: http-get: Throw to key `bad-response' with args `("EOF while reading response body: ...)'
From: Ian Price <[email-masked]>
To: Nikita Karetnikov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 14:47:39 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ian Price <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm going to withhold pushing a patch and closing this bug for the
> moment, until I'm satisfied of the reason why this is the problem.

Well, I never did get a satisfying reason, but Andy Wingo pushed the
obvious fix for this issue in response to a different users report.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2013-01/msg00006.html

The commit is ed3e8b8e06adaaa1df5085a0f730d42efa3f5c30 for http-get, and
http-get* (now deprecated) inherits this improvement in
990b11c53f8da2a6c14e1190bc4e76939db32d07.

Thank you for your report.

-- 
Ian Price -- shift-reset.com

"Programming is like pinball. The reward for doing it well is
the opportunity to do it again" - from "The Wizardy Compiled"

Subject: http-get: Throw to key `bad-response' with args `("EOF while reading response body: ...)'
From: Nikita Karetnikov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 02:20:45 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm using Guile 2.0.7. 'http-get' fails to download the file.

scheme@(guile-user)> (http-get (string->uri
"http://citylan.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libusb/libusb-1.0/libusb-1.0.9/libusb-1.0.9.tar.bz2"))
ERROR: In procedure get-bytevector-all:
ERROR: Throw to key `bad-response' with args `("EOF while reading
response body: ~a bytes of ~a" (12731 421971))'.

Entering a new prompt.  Type `,bt' for a backtrace or `,q' to continue.
scheme@(guile-user) [1]> ,bt
In web/client.scm:
    131:4  1 (http-get #<<uri> scheme: http userinfo: #f host: "cit…> …)
In unknown file:
           0 (get-bytevector-all #<input: r6rs-custom-binary-input-p…>)

$ wget --spider
http://citylan.dl.sourceforge.net/project/libusb/libusb-1.0/libusb-1.0.9/libusb-1.0.9.tar.bz2
Spider mode enabled. Check if remote file exists.

[...]

Length: 421971 (412K) [application/octet-stream]
Remote file exists.

Also, check this thread. [1]

Nikita

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-guix/2012-12/msg00033.html