Subject: bug#13094: Problem with emacsclient not raising frame is back -- regression

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:26:24 +0000

Hi,

There appears to be a regression in terms of this bug using the
latest branch version available for MS Windows (24.2.91, bzr 111040):

In GNU Emacs 24.2.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-12-15 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 111040 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'

As also specified originally in bug#7658 which was fixed:

     http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7658#20

I am able to use a version of emacsclient.exe that works with
GNU Emacs 24.2.91.1 pretest which I also wrote in that bug report:

[FWIW, if I use the emacsclient.exe from Lennart's patched version:

GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2009-11-03 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched)

against the latest emacs.exe trunk version, it works as expected.]

So it would appear that since bug#7658 was fixed, a change in
emacsclient.exe since then has manifested this problem again.

It would be great if this problem were to be fixed before the next
version of GNU Emacs 24.3 were released.

Thanks.