Subject: RE: bug#13092: 24.3.50; regression: `icomplete-mode' does not echo key bindings

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:35:04 -0800 (PST)

> > Icomplete mode used to echo the keys bound to commands matching
> > your input as you type the command name.  This useful feature was
> > removed - a regression.  Please restore the feature.  Thx.
> 
> Yes, it was useful but it was completely broken, echoing this info
> regardless if the minibuffer input was actually meant to represent
> a command name or not.
> 
> So, to have it back, someone will have to write it in the right way,
> such that the echo is only performed for M-x completion and not (for
> example) for buffer name completion.

I see.  FWIW, I show the key in icomplete+.el still, and I have
never see it try to show a key for buffer-name completion (or any
other kind of completion besides command completion).

Could you give me a recipe that might show the problem?  Was there
perhaps an Emacs bug filed about that?  I'd be curious, so I can see
what happens with icomplete+.el in this regard.