Subject: bug#13090: `report-emacs-bug' broken again

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 13:47:13 -0800

I can no longer send a bug report.
 
I typed up a bug report, then C-c C-c.
 
Emacs asked "Fix continuation lines (y/n)?" (or some such).
 
Huh?  What's that about?

Anyway, I said `n'.
 
Emacs then asked "Send anyway (y/n)?"  I said `y'.
 
Emacs asked "Fix continuation lines (y/n)?"
 
And so on, over and over.

Turns out it was asking the two questions for each line of the preformatted
GNU Emacs version info!
 
Anyway, eventually it came to an end.  It opened a new mail message in
my client (Outlook), where I just have to select the message there and
replace
it with my bug report by hitting C-v.
 
Surprise!  Nearly all of my report was lost.  The only thing that got
pasted into the mail was the last line of my report and the GNU Emacs
version info.
 
(I'm sending this report manually - copying it and pasting it into an
Outlook message without going through C-c C-c.)
 
When will this bug-report "improvement" madness end?  Let users send bug
reports.
 
If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
c:/Emacs-24-2012-12-03/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-12-03 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 111077
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'