Subject: Re: bug#13086: 24.2.50; Emacs seems to hang at w32proc.c:1126

From: Stephen Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 22:51:16 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> If the above doesn't show the light, can you please compile w32proc.c
> with -DFULL_DEBUG, and see what Emacs says about processes it launches
> and reaps when you run Emacs under GDB?

OK, its 9:30 my time and I got to do stuff, but here is what I've found
so for.

There are two hosts gnus connects to, Yahoo and HotMail.

1. Gnus uses the command

`c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c "openssl s_client -quiet -ssl3 -connect
imap.mail.yahoo.com:993"'

which runs for a three or four seconds and exits with 0 as the return
code.  Emacs keeps track of this process.  Gnus seems to wait for this
to finish.

>From the gdb log:

warning: register_child registered fd 6 with pid 6360
warning: sys_kill.TerminateProcess returned 5 for pid 6360

2. Gnus uses the command

`c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe -c "gnutls-cli --insecure -p 995 pop3.live.com"'

which runs for fifty seconds and exits with 1 as the return code.  Emacs
loses track of this process.  Gnus does not seem to wait for this to
finish but carries on quickly.

>From the gdb log:

warning: register_child registered fd 6 with pid 7020

No terminate process but the process has finished.

I'll try to get back to his latter today.