Subject: Re: bug#13086: 24.2.50; Emacs seems to hang at w32proc.c:1126

From: Stephen Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 20:17:45 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Answering your first mail:

> What is the value of errno in frame #2?

(gdb) p errno
$25 = 10

> Also, can you tell through which line does waitpid exit in this case?

Breakpoint 5, waitpid (pid=4860, status=0x0, options=1) at w32proc.c:1190
1190		  return -1;
$24 = 4860

> Then see how many times waitpid is invoked for the same PID, and
> whether it causes assertion violation on the first or the second time
> (if there is a second time).

I started a new session for this question so the pids will be differant
from the answer to your first mail.

It only does a waitpid once for the offending pid:

Breakpoint 3, waitpid (pid=4880, status=0x0, options=1) at w32proc.c:1132

Breakpoint 1, terminate_due_to_signal (sig=22,
backtrace_limit=2147483647) at emacs.c:314
314	  signal (sig, SIG_DFL);
(gdb) up 2
#2  0x0114a8db in get_child_status (child=4880, status=0x0, options=1,
interruptible=false) at sysdep.c:294
294	      eassert (errno == EINTR);