Subject: Re: bug#13072: 24.3.50; Fancy Diary display fontification failures

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 20:02:04 +0200

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 15:26:38 +0200 Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I don't know, but a first rough implementation of your suggestion seems
>> promising: with the patch below, when using either of the above values
>> of calendar-date-display-form, the date strings are fontified.  A
>> complete fix should go through the code carefully, checking for possible
>> corner cases.  Glenn Morris probably knows best if such an approach is
>> worth pursuing.
>
> [...]
>
>> -              (insert (if (bobp) "" ?\n) (calendar-date-string date))
>> +              (insert (if (bobp) "" ?\n)
>> +                      (propertize (calendar-date-string date) 'face 'diary))
>
> Makes sense to me.  And we could then probably remove
> diary-fancy-date-pattern.

That sounds like a good simplification of the code, but I think Glenn
should chime in before any such change is made.

Steve Berman