Subject: bug#13067: Using `gnus-treat-fill-long-lines': many problems

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 16:37:19 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1.  It doesn't work to use a binding to `gnus-treat-fill-long-lines' as
> a group paramenter.  It is just ignored.

I tried setting it in a group parameter, and the value seems to be
respected.  How are you setting it?

> 2.  Only a (global) value of t for `gnus-treat-fill-long-lines' has an
> effect.  Setting it to an integer, which is also allowed according to
> the documentation, doesn't work for me.

Works for me as demonstrated by `M-x debug-on-entry RET
gnus-article-fill-cited-long-lines RET'.

> 3.  If I want the setting to take effect for html messages, which is a
> IMHO quite common wish, if have to do this:
>
>    (push "text/html" gnus-article-treat-types)

Yes, that should probably be on the list.  I've now added it.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen