Subject: bug#13066: 24.2.90; setting rmail-summary-window-size causes error

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 17:37:52 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> > By the way, it seems that rmail-maybe-display-summary should
> > use window-resize instead of enlarge-window.  Then we don't
> > need the extra code for changing and restoring window and
> > buffer.

> Done in revision#111359 on trunk.  Please have a look.

It seems that the new code changed the logic.  Now
rmail-summary-window-size doesn't take effect.  As I didn't
customize rmail-redisplay-summary, its value is nil.  And
the new code handles rmail-summary-window-size only if its
value is non-nil.

    (and rmail-summary-buffer (buffer-name rmail-summary-buffer)
	 rmail-redisplay-summary   ;; <--- !!!
	 (setq window
	       (display-buffer
		rmail-summary-buffer '(nil (reusable-frames . visible))))
	 rmail-summary-window-size
	 (setq size (- rmail-summary-window-size (window-height window)))
	 (window--resizable-p window size)
	 (window-resize window size))))

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]