Subject: bug#13060: 24.3.50; unable to type chinese in this build-version, all i get are rectangle symbols

From: luthur xue <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 00:12:40 +0800

switch to chinese input method, language environment is UTF-8, i all i
got are strange rectangle symbols.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.2.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.34)
of 2012-11-29 on hanxiang
Bzr revision: 111026 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure '--with-ns''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  ropemacs-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/binleixue/.emacs.d/emacs-for-python/extensions/snippet-helpers.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/binleixue/.emacs.d/emacs-for-python/epy-init.el (source)...done
Desktop: File "/Users/binleixue/Documents/octopress/source/_posts/2012-12-03-ai-yi-ge-ren.markdown" no longer exists.
Can't guess python-indent-offset, using defaults: 4
highlight-indentation with indent-width 4 [2 times]
Package assoc is obsolete!
Opening [/Users/binleixue/Envs/tradeplatform/TradePlatform/tradeplatform/] project ... done
Wrote /Users/binleixue/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 2 buffers restored, 1 failed to restore.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/Users/binleixue/.emacs.d/emacs-for-python/extensions/python hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/python

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils zencoding-mode server highlight-indentation
hl-line epy-init epy-bindings epy-nose nose epy-editing delsel eproject
dired yasnippet dropdown-list help-mode assoc open-next-line
smart-operator cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ido epy-completion
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup epy-python ropemacs byte-opt
warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv flymake easy-mmode compile pymacs
advice help-fns python skeleton derived cl-macs gv rx edmacro kmacro
easymenu cl nadvice cl-lib comint ring ansi-color epy-setup linum paren
desktop cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)