Subject: Re: bug#1305: Please disable the audible bell by default, to avoid discouraging newbies in crowded offices and elsewhere

From: Xavier Maillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:25:06 +0100

Hi,

I do not think it is a good idea to change this. You know, GNU
Emacs is also used by visually impaired and blind users and we
*must* satisfy these user class too. It is not a matter of
newbiness. Plus, resetting this setting is covered by many howto
and resources over the Internet so it should be pretty easy to
disable it for any user.

After that, if users prefer not to use emacs for such thing,
that's okay, go and choose another editor. Any user for any
editor should just RTFM when they start using it. I guess this is
an universal requirement when starting to use any software; emacs
is no exception.

Regards

	Xavier
-- 
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org
http://www.lolica.org