Subject: bug#13042: 24.1; error in example snippet in the rcirc manual

From: Anmar Oueja <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:56:37 -0500

This is a documentation bug.

The example snipppet in the rcirc manual is missing a double
quotation. Below is the patch fixing it.

>From 5ee8d52a6f5351f2fcf52c1d5b73b146c8cc0c37 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Anmar Oueja <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:27:53 -0500
Subject: [PATCH] fixed the example in the manual

---
 doc/misc/rcirc.texi |    2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/misc/rcirc.texi b/doc/misc/rcirc.texi
index 0174c3f..ac97db4 100644
--- a/doc/misc/rcirc.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/rcirc.texi
@@ -764,7 +764,7 @@ You can control which notices get omitted via the
 omit away messages:
 
 @example
-(setq rcirc-omit-responses '("JOIN" "PART" "QUIT" "NICK" "AWAY))
+(setq rcirc-omit-responses '("JOIN" "PART" "QUIT" "NICK" "AWAY"))
 @end example
 
 @vindex rcirc-omit-threshold
-- 
1.7.10.4

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.12)
 of 2012-09-22 on batsu, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall -O2'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  ido-everywhere: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-j C-j C-h C-h C-x o <backspace> <backspace> C-h C-h 
C-f C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-p C-n C-f C-f <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f <return> <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-f C-f 
C-f <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <help-echo> 
<down> ESC C-] C-] C-] C-g C-g C-g C-] C-q q q <backspace> 
<backspace> C-h h C-g C-g q C-h C-h C-d C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> q C-h h q C-h 
C-h a b u g <return> q <backspace> <backspace> C-x 
i C-g C-g C-g C-x o q w <backspace> <backspace> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Quit [3 times]
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Type C-x 1 to remove help window.  
Quit [3 times]
goto-history-element: End of history; no default available [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.1/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/textmodes/flyspell

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils apropos goto-addr noutline outline easy-mmode thai-util
thai-word mule-util lao-util browse-url jka-compr info help-mode
easymenu view regexp-opt ido erc-hl-nicks erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp
wid-edit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp
edmacro kmacro moinmoin-mode screen-lines textile-mode molokai-theme
paren advice help-fns advice-preload rcirc ring cua-base cus-start
cus-load col-highlight-autoloads erc-hl-nicks-autoloads
moinmoin-mode-autoloads molokai-theme-autoloads rcirc-color-autoloads
screen-lines-autoloads textile-mode-autoloads vline-autoloads package
tabulated-list time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)