Subject: bug#13025: closed (Re: bug#13025: 24.2.90; sgml-electric-tag-pair-mode broken)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 16:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13025: 24.2.90; sgml-electric-tag-pair-mode broken

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13025: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13025
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13025: 24.2.90; sgml-electric-tag-pair-mode broken
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Leo <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 00:25:59 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Leo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Turn on sgml-electric-tag-pair-mode in html mode and try to modify a
> nonvoid tag such as 'title' or 'body'.
>
> If you delete the opening tag (the thing inside <>) using kill-word or
> backward-kill-word, nothing happens to the closing tag.

Fixed in trunk, thanks.

Subject: 24.2.90; sgml-electric-tag-pair-mode broken
From: Leo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:16:41 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Turn on sgml-electric-tag-pair-mode in html mode and try to modify a
nonvoid tag such as 'title' or 'body'.

If you delete the opening tag (the thing inside <>) using kill-word or
backward-kill-word, nothing happens to the closing tag.

If you delete the tag one char at a time, the closing tag stops at the
last char, so you end up with a pair such as <></y>, now if you
re-insert a tag that doesn't start with 'y', nothing happens to the
closing tag.

The above behaviour is consistent since the feature was added, i.e. it
happens in 23, 24.2 and 24.2.90.

Leo