Subject: Re: bug#13023: 24.3.50; lexical binding does not work within defadvice

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 23:15:56 -0500

Yes: complexity.  Compare nadvice.el and advice.el.

The main difference seems to me that part of the arguments of
advice.el get pushed into the function that you need to pass
to advice-add.  So the complexity of using it is no more.
Also, you lose the ability to modify the argument values before
the advised function's body.

The doc string of advice-add is incomplete, so I cannot tell
what all its args mean or what it can really do.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use Ekiga or an ordinary phone call