Subject: bug#13016: 24.3.50; Inconsistency in the way of presenting the filename in info buffers.

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 00:21:24 +0100

Hi,

If I open an info manual with `C-u C-h i <path-to-info-file> <RET>',
the modeline of the *info* buffer shows the info file name including
also its ".info" extension.  E.g., if I open the emacs manual that
way, I see `*info* (emacs.info) Top' in the modeline.  But when I open
that same manual via `C-h r' or `C-h i m emacs RET', the ".info" part
is omitted.

I don't see the point of this inconsistency.

Unless I'm missing something, TRT here would be to always omit the
".info" part, since I guess it is always the same.  But in any case,
the way of showing the filename in the modeline should not depend on
the way of opening the info file.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-11-27 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 111020 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-1.2.37-lib/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-1.2.5
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9-w32-bin/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.9.2-1-lib/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
Dani Moncayo