Subject: 24.2.90; modeline doesn't cover full window width on Mac OS X 10.8.2

From: Sebastian Sturm <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 22:37:51 +0100

In emacs 24.2.90 pretest, the modeline doesn't cover the full window
width anymore, as can be seen in this screenshot:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27469243/screenshot.png
The left window belongs to 24.2, the right one to 24.2.90. Same thing
happens with 'Emacs -Q'.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.90.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2012-11-25 on bob.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin'
'--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin'
'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  rainbow-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  guru-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  prelude-mode: t
  prelude-global-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x RET r e p o r t - e m a c s <return>

Recent messages:
Loading scroll-all...done
Loading /Users/sebastian/.emacs.d/personal/custom.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/sebastian/.emacs.d/personal/my-modeline.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/sebastian/.emacs.d/personal/personal.el (source)...
Helm completion enabled
Loading /Users/sebastian/.emacs.d/personal/personal.el (source)...done
Prelude is ready to do thy bidding, Master sebastian!
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Prelude tip: Press <C-c t> to open a terminal in Emacs.
[5 times]

Load-path shadows:
/Users/sebastian/.emacs.d/elpa/python-20121014.1458/python hides /Volumes/Emacs/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/python
/Users/sebastian/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20121030.2025/.dir-locals hides /Volumes/Emacs/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils rainbow-mode
rainbow-delimiters paredit whitespace guru-mode melpa helm-mode evil
evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands evil-types evil-digraphs
evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core
evil-common undo-tree diff rect evil-vars pragmatic-light
pragmatic-light-theme auto-complete-config auto-complete popup
scroll-all cus-start cus-load prelude-osx exec-path-from-shell
prelude-global-keybindings prelude-editor esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util re-builder midnight helm-misc helm-files image-dired dired-x
dired-aux ffap helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptative helm-info
helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap
helm-plugin helm-locate helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-external
helm-buffers helm-grep helm-regexp grep helm-elscreen helm-utils dired
compile helm expand-region text-mode-expansions
python-el-fgallina-expansions expand-region-custom expand-region-core
icomplete ido etags volatile-highlights hl-line paren windmove
tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat auth-source gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete format-spec
recentf tree-widget wid-edit savehist saveplace uniquify electric
autorevert delsel prelude-mode prelude-core repeat thingatpt prelude-ui
server prelude-packages ack-and-a-half-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads
ebib-autoloads evil-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads gist-autoloads gh-autoloads eieio helm-autoloads
helm-git-autoloads iedit-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads logito-autoloads
magithub-autoloads magit-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
melpa-autoloads byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv advice
help-fns advice-preload pcache-autoloads finder-inf popup-autoloads
prelude-c-autoloads prelude-emacs-lisp-autoloads prelude-lisp
prelude-haskell-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads prelude-js-autoloads
prelude-latex-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site info
prelude-lisp-autoloads edmacro kmacro paredit-autoloads
prelude-perl-autoloads prelude-python-autoloads python rx easymenu
comint ring ansi-color prelude-programming-autoloads which-func imenu
guru-mode-autoloads python-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads s-autoloads solarized-theme-autoloads
undo-tree-autoloads volatile-highlights-autoloads yari-autoloads
zenburn-theme-autoloads package cl-macs gv cl cl-lib time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)