Subject: bug#13012: closed (Re: bug#13007: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 11:11:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13007: Assertion failure in xdisp.c:window_outdated

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13007: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13007
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13007: 24.3.50; emacs_backtrace.txt
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2016 13:10:17 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 19:37:32 +0200
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Dmitry Antipov <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> > Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 12:08:49 +0100
> > 
> > It's unclear what the conclusion here was.  Is there anything more to be
> > done in this bug report?
> 
> Let me take another look at this.  Soon, I hope.

I see that Dmitry did modify window_outdated back in Aug 2013 (commit
170da1e) to use the BUF_MODIFF and BUF_OVERLAY_MODIFF macros that
accept a buffer as their arguments, and removed the offending
assertion.

So this bug was actually resolved back then, and I'm now marking it as
done.

Thanks.

Subject: Assertion failure in xdisp.c:window_outdated
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 17:32:18 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Version: 24.3.50

emacs -Q --eval "(setq mode-line-position '(:propertize \"%l/%c\" face
default))" -f server-mode
emacsclient -n some-file

xdisp.c:10906: Emacs fatal error: assertion failed: XBUFFER
(w->buffer) == current_buffer

Breakpoint 1, terminate_due_to_signal (sig=22,
backtrace_limit=2147483647) at emacs.c:314
314       signal (sig, SIG_DFL);
(gdb) bt
#0  terminate_due_to_signal (sig=22, backtrace_limit=2147483647) at emacs.c:314
#1  0x010218da in die (msg=0x15c5930 "assertion failed: XBUFFER
(w->buffer) == current_buffer", file=0x15bdfb0 "xdisp.c", line=10906)
    at alloc.c:6487
#2  0x011fe645 in window_outdated (w=0x39bda68
<__register_frame_info+60545640>) at xdisp.c:10906
#3  0x01205964 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13151
#4  0x012078a3 in redisplay_preserve_echo_area (from_where=12) at xdisp.c:13749
#5  0x0102ba8e in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=0, nsecs=0,
read_kbd=-1, do_display=true, wait_for_cell=57452570, wait_proc=0x0,
    just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:4771
#6  0x0103f577 in kbd_buffer_get_event (kbp=0x88f7fc,
used_mouse_menu=0x88fa53, end_time=0x0) at keyboard.c:3784
#7  0x0103c1af in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=2, maps=0x88f980,
prev_event=57452570, used_mouse_menu=0x88fa53, end_time=0x0) at
keyboard.c:2756
#8  0x0104f141 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x88fbd0, bufsize=30,
prompt=57452570, dont_downcase_last=false,
can_return_switch_frame=true,
    fix_current_buffer=true) at keyboard.c:9201
#9  0x01038850 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1448
#10 0x01010c7b in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x103836a
<command_loop_1>, handlers=57502866, hfun=0x1037b89 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1192
#11 0x01037fe3 in command_loop_2 (ignore=57452570) at keyboard.c:1163
#12 0x010106d8 in internal_catch (tag=57492722, func=0x1037fbf
<command_loop_2>, arg=57452570) at eval.c:963
#13 0x01037f9d in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1142
#14 0x01037557 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:774
#15 0x01037884 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:838
#16 0x0100298b in main (argc=6, argv=0x963168) at emacs.c:1560

Lisp Backtrace:
"redisplay_internal (C function)" (0x167333c)
(gdb)