Subject: Re: bug#12993: Wrong icon for Cygw32-Emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 18:34:21 +0200

> Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 08:03:20 -0800
> From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > Why are such changes committed to the release branch?  This is a minor
> > feature, certainly not a bugfix, while the changes are definitely
> > non-trivial.  Please don't do that without discussion.
> >
> 
> It's a minor bugfix, not a feature.

I guess we disagree about the definitions of these.  Me, I don't see
how not seeing a smalll icon in a build that was never supported by
Emacs until now can be a bug.

> I was under the impression that the release branch was _for_ minor
> bugfixes. Enough people have complained about the icon missing from
> the cygw32 build that I thought it would be worthwhile to fix it
> before release.

If it were a simple fix, perhaps.  But it isn't, and it touches 2
other builds, that don't have this problem, in non-trivial ways.

If you insist on having this in 24.3, then please at least make it
Cygwin-only.  For the source changes, this is easy -- use #ifdef.  For
emacs.rc, I hope you can do the same.  If not, I'd go as far as
providing a separate cygw32.rc file.

The MSDOS problems are on me -- you will owe me ;-)

OK?