Subject: bug#12993: Wrong icon for Cygw32-Emacs

From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 08:03:20 -0800

On 12/10/12 5:40 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:>> Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012
23:13:35 -0800
>> From: Daniel Colascione <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> On 11/25/12 6:49 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>>> I notice that the Cygw32 port does not show the standard Emacs icon on
>>> the upper-left corner (and elsewhere, I think).
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to have that? The Windows port has...
>>
>> I've pushed a change to the emacs-24 branch that should resolve the
>> problem. We weren't compiling Windows resources into the cygw32 Emacs
>> binary.
>
> Why are such changes committed to the release branch?  This is a minor
> feature, certainly not a bugfix, while the changes are definitely
> non-trivial.  Please don't do that without discussion.
>

It's a minor bugfix, not a feature. I was under the impression that
the release branch was _for_ minor bugfixes. Enough people have
complained about the icon missing from the cygw32 build that I thought
it would be worthwhile to fix it before release.