Subject: Re: bug#12988: isearch fails to persistently indicate case sensitivity

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 20:48:32 +0200

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This is a UI improvement suggestion, not a bug report.
>> Using 24.2, do: C-s
>> Then, if you do M-s w, then type a search string, the minibuffer
>> continues to indicate word mode while you type your string. That's good.
>> But if instead you do M-c, the minibuffer just momentarily flashes
>> a case sensitivity indicator, then gives no indication of case
>> sensitivity status while you type your search string.
>
> Adding "case-sensitive" to the search prompt would make it too long.
> adding a shorter abbreviation like "cs" would make it too cryptic.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

I agree with Juri -- we either have to make the prompt really long, or
make it really cryptic.  And I think the way it is now is fine, so I'm
closing this bug report.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no